A nourishing blend of red lentils, caramelized onions, red chard and turmeric to warm you up or chill you at any time of year, especially if you need a little anti-inflammatory Support.
Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup With Caramelized Onions [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup With Caramelized Onions [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced (against the grain) into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water and 2 vegan bouillon cubes (or 4 cups vegan broth)
- 1 1/4 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chard, chiffonnade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
How To Make Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup With Caramelized Onions [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat oil over medium in a skillet. add onions and garlic and cook over medium-low for 15-20 minutes until partially caramelized.
- While these cook, bring stock to a boil. Once boiling, add lentils. Cook 10 minutes.
- Use 1/4 cup stock from pot to blend onions into a puree.
- Add onion puree and spices to the pot, stirring well. Cook together for 3 minutes.
- Add chard, stirring to submerge, then cover and cook 5-7 minutes more until chard is wilted and flavors have mingled.
- Use an immersion blender - or transfer 2 cups at a time to the food processor - and blend until smooth.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Red Lentil
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 164 | Carbs: 27 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 44 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile