The fig tapenade is literally what dreams are made of assuming you like the combo of salty and sweet. The savory olives mixed with nectarous dried figs makes this an iteration on tapenade that trumps all other tapenades.
5-Ingredient Almond Rosemary Crackers with Fig and Olive Tapenade [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 vegan eggs (1 tablespoon ground flax, plus 3 tablespoons water per each)
- 2 cups dried figs, chopped
- 2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cups olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and rosemary. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and egg
- Stir wet ingredients into almond flour mixture until well combined
- Roll the dough into a ball and press between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/8-inch thickness
- Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut the dough into approximately 2-inch crackers.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden
- Let crackers cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes, then serve or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Combine chopped figs and the water in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until liquid evaporates and figs are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to medium bowl. Mix in olives, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and chopped thyme.
- Season with pink salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir chopped walnuts into tapenade just before serving.
- Garnish with walnut halves and thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.