These Gluten free and Vegan Almond-Orange pancakes are kid-tested and approved. They're quite easy to make. You can have perfectly fluffy and soft pancakes in no time. Plus, the leftover pancakes freeze beautifully — wrap them tightly in foil and place them in a bag. Just toast them until soft before serving. These Almond-Orange pancakes are perfect for busy mornings, when you are rushing to work and your kids, to school. It's a great way to start off the day. The sweet orange syrup tastes amazing with the pancakes, but the leftovers can be drizzled over pound cake or ice cream.
Almond Orange Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pancakes:
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 cup Gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons Egg replacer powder (whisked in 6 tablespoons Water) or use 2 large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons Orange Zest 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
For the Orange Syrup:
- 2 cups Orange juice Freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
To make the Pancakes:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk almond milk, egg replacer mixture, vanilla, orange zest and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. Try not to over-mix. Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame, pour a ladle of batter and cook until bubbles start to form on the top and the bottom is golden, about 1-2 minutes. Gently flip and cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Remove onto a plate and serve hot with orange syrup.
To make Orange Syrup:
- Combine orange juice and sugar in a saucepan. Let the mixture boil for 15-20 minutes. Serve with pancakes. Store the leftover syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.