Almond croissants are very hard to find in shops and cafés which is such a shame. So here is an easy recipe to make your own! All ingredients can be found in your supermarket and making the recipe is very easy as well. Perfect for breakfast on the weekend!
Almond Croissant [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Almond Croissant [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup ground almonds/almond flour
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon syrup (like maple or agave)
- 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Almond flakes (optional)
- Plus more icing sugar to sprinkle on top
How to Prepare Almond Croissant [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Add all almond filling/marzipan ingredients into a food processor and blend until you get a very smooth mixture (2-3 minutes, depending on your food processor).
- Roll out a puff pastry sheet and cut it into long triangles (from the long side). Add a spoonful of the almond filling you made above to the bottom of the wider side of the long triangle. Then roll over the triangle from the bottom (making sure the spoonful of almond filling is encapsulated). Seal the ends and roll the whole triangle in. Then bend the ends inwards to get the typical croissant shape. Repeat with the other triangles.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- To create the "egg" wash just mix 1 teaspoon of any syrup with 1 teaspoon of plant-based milk.
- Baste the croissants with the "egg" wash and then sprinkle almond flakes on top.
- Put into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the croissants are golden brown.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.