These almond butter oat scones are perfect for a grab and go breakfast, paired up with a cup of tea of coffee. Made from oat flour, oats, and mashed banana, these breakfast treats are gluten-free and free from refined sugar, except for the sprinkle of turbinado sugar on top. As the weather transitions over to cooler temps, this hearty little treat is a welcome addition to your favorite hot beverage.
Almond Butter Oat Scones [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on the top
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add your oats, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- In a stand mixer, paddle attached, mash the banana.
- Add your milk, nut butter, and vanilla.
- To your wet mixture, add your dry ingredients. Blend until just combined.
- Spoon out into the center of your prepared pan.
- Form about an 8-inch circle or so. Sprinkle the top with the sugar and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and slice into eight pieces and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Remove and let cool completely before serving.