Why is this delicious soup "alkalizing?" Vegetables produce alkaline compounds as your body digests them. This will soothe acidity and restore pH balance to your body. So, if you are looking to feel real healthy, make this soup and serve it with a side of high quality bread!
Alkalizing Green Soup [Vegan]
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Fresh cilantro and parsley, as much as you care for
- 1 1/2 quarts of vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the onion to a large pot with a little water and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add in the leeks and garlic and cook until soft.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling add in the greens and remove from the heat once they are cooked through.
- Once removed from the heat add in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Blend (using a hand blender or a food processor) and serve with a side of warm bread!