How many good things can we say about these burgers? They're made from adzuki and walnut and flavored with kombu seaweed, so they have a unique flavor with a meaty texture. They're mini, so they're perfect for serving at parties, but they can easily be made big for dinner with family and friends. Serve these on toasted buns with avocado, greens, tomato, and plenty of sauce of your choice.
Adzuki Bean and Walnut Mini Burgers [Vegan]
For the Burgers:
- 5.3 ounces dry adzuki beans
- 2-inch piece kombu seaweed
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Burger buns
- Vegan mayonnaise or mustard
- Soak the beans with kombu seaweed for 24 hours. Then, rinse and cook in a large saucepan with a bay leaf for about 18-20 minutes.
- Soak the bread crumbs in soy milk. Using a food processor, chop the walnuts, but do not pulverize.
- In a mixer, place all the ingredients except the olive oil. Pulse intermittently — it should remain crumbly. Prepare a non-stick skillet and using your hands, form mini burgers (or large burgers).
- Cook the mini burgers over low heat in a hot pan with a little oil. Sauté for about 4 minutes per side, depending on the burger size you decided to go with.
- Wash and dry all vegetables for topping. Toast the buns just before serving. Spread vegan mayonnaise on each side, then add a little bit of lettuce, a slice of tomato, etc...
- Close the burgers and serve immediately.