Sometimes if I’m out the door super early in the mornings, I take a little jar of this mix with me and I love it! It tastes amazing, keeps me sustained and it's full of goodness! You can add any other nuts, seeds or dried fruit you like. If you don’t have a dehydrator, simply skip that step! Trail and energy mixes you buy in stores usually are filled with preservatives or secret fillers. Making your own is cheaper, tastier and more rewarding.
Activated Energy Mix [Vegan]
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of pepitas
- 1 cup of soaked dates (soak in warm water for 1/2 an hour and then strain)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of cranberries
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1 cup of flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup of goji berries
- Soak the nut and seed components in filtered water for 4 hours and then rinse and strain well.
- While they soak, make up the wet component by straining your dates and then mixing all of these ingredients in your blender until it forms a smooth date paste.
- Place your strained nuts and seeds in a bowl and add this date mix. Combined well, mixing with your hands to make sure everything is coated well.
- Spread the nut and seed mix onto dehydrator trays lined with your teflex sheets and dehydrate for 12 hours or until completely dry and crunchy- this could take longer.
- When the seeds and nuts are completely dry, place them in a bowl and break them up roughly and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything well and store in a glass jar!