Fast-food giant Taco Bell has once again proven its commitment to catering to diverse dietary preferences, particularly the ever-growing vegan community. In an exciting move, the beloved chain is not only bringing back the fan-favorite Nacho Fries but also introducing a brand-new vegan menu item on a nationwide scale, making waves in the world of fast food.
Taco Bell aficionados can rejoice as the Nacho Fries make their grand comeback. What’s even more thrilling is that these fries will be available in an even larger size than before. However, the real star of the show is the introduction of a Vegan Nacho Sauce, available nationwide for a limited time starting October 12th. This sauce, which is certified vegan by the American Vegetarian Association, is crafted from a delightful chickpea and soy base, providing that warm, saucy flavor that fans have come to love.
Devoted Taco Bell fans might find the Vegan Nacho Sauce a bit familiar. This sauce previously made its debut in the Vegan Crunchwrap, which Taco Bell tested at select locations in June. The Crunchwrap featured seasoned plant-based beef, vegan blanco sauce, and, of course, the vegan nacho sauce. It also included classic Crunchwrap ingredients like diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and a tostada in the middle.
Liz Matthews, the global chief food innovation officer for Taco Bell, expressed the brand’s dedication to providing delicious options for various lifestyles. She stated, “This sauce, born from the success of our Vegan Crunchwrap, represents Taco Bell’s commitment to providing delicious, craveable food for a variety of lifestyles—whether you’re vegan, flexitarian, or want to try something new, there’s a place for you at our table.”
Taco Bell is clear about what it means when it labels a menu item as “vegan.” For the brand, “vegan” signifies that the menu item contains no animal ingredients. However, it’s essential to note that Taco Bell does not guarantee complete separation from non-vegan items, such as shared frying oil or kitchen space. This distinction ensures transparency for consumers who are conscious of cross-contact concerns.
As the world becomes increasingly conscious of dietary choices and environmental impact, Taco Bell’s foray into the vegan market aligns with evolving consumer preferences. In 2022, vegetarian options accounted for a substantial 23% of all products sold by Taco Bell, reflecting a growing demand for plant-based choices. Taco Bell’s introduction of Vegan Nacho Fries and its ongoing commitment to innovation demonstrates the fast-food giant’s readiness to adapt to the changing tastes of its customers.
Sign this petition to get Dominos to add vegan options to their menu!
- Taco Bell Introduces Vegan Crunchwrap In Three Cities
- Taco Bell Will Test Beyond Meat Carne Asada in Ohio Next Month
- Taco Bell Testing Plant-Based Meat Alternative Made from Soy and Pea Protein
- Taco Bell Tests New Vegan Meat Product in Detroit
- Taco Bell Testing Vegan Chalupa Shell
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.