Calling all vegans, vegetarians, and food enthusiasts! In a delicious development for fast-food sustainability, Taco Bell is testing a vegan version of its popular Crunchwrap. This delectable innovation, boasting plant-based beef and cheese, will be available in Los Angeles, New York, and Orlando for a limited period.
Source: Make It Dairy Free/Youtube
Taco Bell has often been a haven for meat-abstaining customers, with offerings like beans and potatoes as vegetarian substitutes. Approximately one-fourth of their sales in the last year consisted of vegetarian items. The Mexican-style chain’s adoption of plant-based meat reflects a wider trend, albeit one that has seen fluctuating consumer interest.
The new Vegan Crunchwrap incorporates soy and pea protein for the vegan beef, a formula tested in Taco Bell’s Crispy Melt Taco last August. For the vegan blanco sauce and nacho sauce, Taco Bell has opted for soy as the main base, avoiding nuts due to potential allergies. While the Crunchwrap will be priced the same as the original, customers won’t be able to substitute the vegan beef or cheeses in other menu items during the trial.
With this initiative, Taco Bell joins a growing list of food chains recognizing the need for sustainable practices and catering to the vegan and vegetarian market. Fast-food giants and plant-based meat companies like Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods are striving to achieve price parity with animal meat to reach more consumers.
Missy Schaaphok, Taco Bell’s director of global nutrition and sustainability, expressed hope that this vegan rendition of the Crunchwrap will resonate with vegan customers and promote a more sustainable, inclusive food culture.
In conclusion, the move toward more vegan options in fast-food chains like Taco Bell signifies a positive shift toward sustainable dining. This progress not only caters to vegans and vegetarians but also encourages a broader audience to explore plant-based options. So, next time you’re craving a fast-food fix, why not try the Vegan Crunchwrap? Your taste buds — and the planet — will thank you!
Remember to follow Taco Bell’s vegan adventures and leave your feedback, helping them refine their offerings. Together, we can show that sustainability and great taste go hand in hand. Visit Taco Bell today, and let’s #TacoAboutSustainability! Check out this Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme you can make at home!
- 8 TikTok Plant-Based Wrap Hack Recipes
- Taco Bell Tests New Vegan Meat Product in Detroit
- Taco Bell Testing Vegan Chalupa Shell
- Taco Bell Will Test Beyond Meat Carne Asada in Ohio Next Month
- Taco Bell Testing Plant-Based Meat Alternative Made from Soy and Pea Protein
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.