Hydrated carrots and it shows. 40% of food waste comes directly from our homes. Let’s change that, one veggie hack at a time if need be #endfoodwaste #sustainabletips #lowwastemovement #ecohack #veggielove #fyp
Food waste is one of the most common kinds of waste to pay attention to. It is estimated that 30% to 40% of our food supply is wasted! When it comes to carrots, if not stored properly, they can quickly become dry and limp. With this simple trick, you can help prolong the life of your carrots so you enjoy their fresh flavor and crunch for weeks to come.
When you store carrots in a jar with water, it helps to maintain their moisture content, which is essential for their longevity and keeping them fresh and crisp. Without enough moisture, carrots will quickly become dry and rubbery and develop surface cracks, increasing the chances of bacterial growth.
Storing carrots in water is also a convenient way to meal prep them for snacking or cooking. By keeping them in a jar or container with water, they are easily accessible, clean, and ready to eat without the need for peeling, washing or chopping.
This simple trick can help to keep your carrots hydrated, preserve their nutritional value, and reduce waste!
- 10 Ways to Keep Your Produce Fresh for Longer
- 3 Easy Hacks That Will Help You Ripen Fruit Fast
- The Ultimate Avocado Guide: Fastest Way to Cut, Pit, Ripen, Save, and More (VIDEOS)
- How to Store Fresh Produce Properly for Winter
- The Ultimate Guide to Spring Seasonal Produce
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.