Happy National Barbecue Day! While any grilled food tastes great, there is nothing like the smoky and spicy flavors of barbecue.
Whether you like your sauce more vinegar-based or more tomato-based, everyone loves food topped with delicious, decadent BBQ sauce. It’s so easy to make your own BBQ sauce too. It only takes a few ingredients to make a barbecue sauce that’s so amazing, you’ll never buy the bottled stuff again. Check out 10 Ways to Make Awesome Vegan BBQ Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades for incredible recipes plus take a look at The World’s Healthiest Homemade Barbecue Sauce. What will you slather your BBQ sauce on? There are so many choices! Learn How to Make Perfect Seitan or How to Make Epic Vegan BBQ Tofu Wings for finger-lickin’ goodness. Of course, vegetables love being bathed in BBQ sauce too! Celebrate this National Barbecue Day with these 15 savory and saucy vegan BBQ dishes.
1. Kidney Bean and Kale BBQ Burger
Source: Kidney Bean and Kale BBQ Burgers
These Kidney Bean and Kale BBQ Burgers are baked for a mouthwatering and healthy meal you can enjoy any time of year. Topped with a homemade BBQ sauce, these burgers are super-delicious.
2. Triple Threat Barbecue Sauce
Source: Triple Threat Barbecue Sauce
This Triple Threat Barbecue Sauce is made with an abundance of hot pepper. It’s tangy, spicy and delicious. You’ll want to put this sauce on everything long after BBQ season is over.
3. Balsamic BBQ Seitan and Tempeh Ribs
Source: Vegan Balsamic BBQ Ribs
These Vegan Balsamic BBQ Ribs are indulgent, delicious and will satisfy any BBQ cravings you may get. Make meaty seitan or choose tempeh for a gluten-free version and serve them with your favorite BBQ fixin’s.
4. Easy, Healthy, Homemade Baked Beans
Source: Healthy Baked Beans
Forget the BBQ baked beans you get in a can with all that added sugar! Make these Healthy Baked Beans instead. They are filled with delicious flavor and the sweetness of the tomatoes makes any added sugar unnecessary.
5. Sweet and Smokey BBQ Lentils
Source: Sweet and Smoky BBQ Lentils
If you like BBQ sauce, you will love this recipe! These Sweet and Smoky BBQ Lentils would be great on a sandwich bun (topped with vegan coleslaw perhaps!), in a pita, or as a dip with corn chips. Made with carrots rather than tomatoes, this sauce has a wonderful sweetness and creaminess.
6. BBQ Jackfruit
Source: BBQ Jackfruit
Jackfruit may be a fruit but when it’s unripe, it has a savory taste that mimics meat. Topped with BBQ sauce, peppers and onions, this BBQ Jackfruit will be your new favorite summer sandwich.
7. Vegan Buffalo BBQ Chicken
Source: Vegan Buffalo BBQ Chicken
Two favorite sauces come together to make one fantastic, knock-your-socks-off sauce in this Vegan Buffalo BBQ Chicken dish. The spicy Buffalo sauce and the smoky barbecue sauce make anything you slather it on taste decadent and delicious.
8. Simple Korean Kimchi BBQ Burgers
Source: Simple Korean Kimchi BBQ Burger
Sweet Korean BBQ sauce tops a “beefy” veggie burger and spicy kimchi for a delicious twist on the usual barbecue burger. This Simple Korean Kimchi BBQ Burger is a game-changer.
9. BBQ Lentil Baozi
Source: BBQ Lentil Baozi
BBQ can happen in some unexpected places. These BBQ Lentil Baozi are Chinese steamed buns fill with lentils, sweet potatoes and a delicious homemade BBQ sauce.
10. Vegan BBQ Lentil Meatball Sandwich with Sweet Miso Coleslaw
Source: BBQ Lentil Meatball Sandwich
The only thing that could be better than this BBQ Lentil Meatball Sandwich is this sandwich topped with sweet miso coleslaw. The homemade smokey BBQ sauce is perfectly balanced by the creamy slaw for the perfect summer meal.
11. Black Bean Apple Burgers With Caramelized Onion Chipotle BBQ Sauce and Shiitake Bacon
Source: Black Bean Apple Burgers
The flavors of these Black Bean Apple Burgers combine for the perfect sweet, spicy, and earthy meal. Topped with chipotle BBQ sauce, caramelized onions and shitake bacon, you have just met your new go-to BBQ burger.
12. Pineapple Jack BBQ Sandwiches and a Beer
Source: Pineapple Jack BBQ Sandwiches
These Pineapple Jack BBQ Sandwiches have an amazing sauce. Crushed pineapple gives the sauce a slightly tangy sweetness that is perfectly balanced by a shot of whiskey. Here it’s used on seitan but you’ll want to put this sauce on everything!
13. BBQ Lentil Muffins
Source: BBQ Lentil Muffins
Bring something different to your next barbecue get-together. These BBQ Lentil Muffins are savory with a rich barbecue flavor. These are guaranteed to be a hit.
14. Hoisin Vegan Black Bean Burger with Spicy Sesame Sauce
Source: Hoisin Black Bean Burger
Chinese food is delicious. BBQ food is delicious. With this Hoisin Black Bean Burger you get double the deliciousness because this is a Chinese BBQ burger. Made with hoisin sauce, it’s topped with grilled veggies and a spicy sesame sauce. Just don’t try to eat it with chopsticks.
15. Mini BBQ Soy Curl Taco Bowls with Pickled Onions
Source: Mini BBQ Soy Curl Taco Bowls
These Mini BBQ Soy Curl Taco Bowls will be the hit of your party. The soy curls are prepared in spicy, smoky, BBQ sauce which are combined with pickled onions and the crunchy taco bowl for a wonderfully tasty flavor combination that can’t be beat.
Yum! With all these amazing recipes, National Barbecue Day is going to be sweet, spicy, smoky and succulent.
Lead Image Photo: BBQ Jackfruit
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Good new my bf is back.. I was having serious relationship problems with my bf and it had has gotten to a point of him moving out to his friend’s apartment. everything got worse because he started going to bars and strip clubs frequently with his friend, getting drunk and passing out. He always threatens me on phone whenever I call him because of all the bad advises that his friend has given him. I really love him and we had been dating for 8 years which gave us a beautiful daughter. I had also lost a lot of money on therapists until I was introduced to Dr happy by a friend whom he helped to marry her childhood bf; this gave me total confidence and strength to get him back. I did all he asked and a day after the spell my bf called me and rushed back home, things just changed between us emotionally. He has a job and stopped drinking and keeping irrelevant friends. It’s a miracle I never believed was possible because I had lost all hope until I found Dr happy. So that’s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe. Please my advise to every one looking for relationship help, marriage help, get and fix your broken home, is to contact Dr happy the real Africa spell caster now on…………..
[email protected] for more about him and his love spell how it work fast,
visit his web site….. https://happyspelltemple.webs.com/ and for mobile call or…..
Whats-app messages add him on +2348133873774…….
No, National BBQ Day is on May 16th!