“You know, one thing that bothers me is that to have a vegan diet or just a healthy’ whole food diet doesn’t seem to be accessible to all people. Again it comes back to that. Shouldn’t food be a right? Like healthy food?”
The comedian shared her thoughts on a recent podcast episode. She argued that the government should be in charge of healthcare and encourage people to eat a healthy diet because it would save them money.
View this post on Instagram
“I’ll be in line at 7-11 or something and I’ll see a kid getting like Doritos and a Mountain Dew…I go ‘Really, there’s a bag of almonds here for the same price and it’s gonna fill you up and it’s gonna be delicious,'” she shared, adding that she’s turning into her mother.
“It would just be nice if healthy food was more accessible to all people. Access, access,” she told her audience. Silverman shared on a podcast in December 2020 that she would try to go vegan after a caller urged her to make the change.
“He’s right,” Silverman said on the podcast, repeatedly, and also shared that she recently stopped eating eggs. “That’s what I needed. I can’t unring this bell of information … I’m going to try to go vegan.”
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
- “We Must Change Our Diet. The Planet Can’t Support Billions of Meat-Eaters” Says David Attenborough in New Documentary
- New Documentary “Apocalypse Cow” Examines Meat Industry’s Damage on the Planet
- Watch Joaquin Phoenix Bravely Use Golden Globes as a Platform to Shed Light on the Impact of Meat on the Planet
- Study Finds Environmental Impact of Meat Versus Vegetables is Staggering
- Environmental Impact of Vegans Versus Meat-Eaters: The Results of This Study Are Eye-Opening!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!