A treat for those who love bitter sweets and the strong flavor of cardamom!
Vegan Bitter Cardamom Truffles
Ingredients You Need for Vegan Bitter Cardamom Truffles
- 75 g vegan dark chocolate 85% cacao
- 75 ml oatmeal or another vegan cream
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp whisky or rum
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate or carob powder
- Optionally: coconut flakes
How to Prepare Vegan Bitter Cardamom Truffles
- To melt the first three ingredients au bain-marie, first crumble the chocolate and put it into a small pan together with oatmeal cream and coconut oil.
- In a bigger pan, bring water to boil and place carefully the small pan with the ingredients into it.
- Constantly stir the mixture with a wooden spatula until it completely melts.
- Withdraw the pan, stir well once again and let it cool down.
- Cover the pan with plastic foil and put into the fridge for at least 8 hours. The mixture will become hard but still soft enough to work with.
- Spill the powder (or coconut flakes) on a flat surface. One by one, shape truffles using hands your and roll them generously in powder (flakes).
- Freeze for at least another 30 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.