A treat for those who love bitter sweets and the strong flavor of cardamom!
Vegan Bitter Cardamom Truffles
- 75 g vegan dark chocolate 85% cacao
- 75 ml oatmeal or another vegan cream
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp whisky or rum
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate or carob powder
- Optionally: coconut flakes
- To melt the first three ingredients au bain-marie, first crumble the chocolate and put it into a small pan together with oatmeal cream and coconut oil.
- In a bigger pan, bring water to boil and place carefully the small pan with the ingredients into it.
- Constantly stir the mixture with a wooden spatula until it completely melts.
- Withdraw the pan, stir well once again and let it cool down.
- Cover the pan with plastic foil and put into the fridge for at least 8 hours. The mixture will become hard but still soft enough to work with.
- Spill the powder (or coconut flakes) on a flat surface. One by one, shape truffles using hands your and roll them generously in powder (flakes).
- Freeze for at least another 30 minutes.