This mock chicken salad recipe is great to keep around for a quick, filling and nutritious lunch or even a weeknight dinner. Try it stuffed in a pita, on toast, in a lettuce wrap, or over a bed of greens!
Mock Chicken Salad
Ingredients You Need for Mock Chicken Salad
- 16 oz (2 packages) tempeh, diced into small cubes
- 1 crisp apple, diced (Fuji or Granny Smith work well)
- ½ cup dried fruit (I used goji berries, but raisins, cranberries, or chopped dateswould also work)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 t curry powder
- ½ t salt
- ½ t ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise (I used Veganaise)
How to Prepare Mock Chicken Salad
- Steam tempeh for 10 minutes in a steamer basket placed over a pot filled with 2 to 3 inches of water.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Combine mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and black pepper in a largebowl.
- Stir in tempeh, apple, dried fruit, and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. You may want to add a bit more mayonnaise to moisten before serving
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.