- 1 can Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1 ¼ cups Pureed Soft Tofu
- 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
- ½ tsp Ground Vanilla Beans (or 1 tsp Vanilla Extract)
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk for a few hours or overnight. Do not shake the can, as you want the cream to separate from the water.
- Open the can, and spoon out the cream. Measure ¾ cup of the cream (I got more than enough cream from my can, but if you are a little short, supplement with the remaining water). Discard water or save for another recipe. Set cream aside.
- In a food processor or blender, puree tofu, scraping down sides to ensure no lumps.
- Add coconut cream, agave nectar, and vanilla. Process until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Spoon into prepared pan, and smooth top.
- Pour mixture into a shallow container (with lid) and place in freezer. After about 1 ½ hours, stir mixture and return to freezer until fully frozen (this could take 5 – 8 hours, I left it overnight).
- Remove from freezer and allow to soften at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes. Spoon into food processor or blender and process until smooth (will look like soft serve).
- Pour into container and freeze fully (about 2 hours).
- For best texture, allow the ice cream to rest at room temperate for about 5 minutes before serving.