Celebrate Pi Day (3/14) with this deliciously decadent pie. This rich peanut butter pie is quick and easy to make, but looks and tastes like it took all day to prepare. To make this pie gluten-free, use gluten-free cookie crumbs; for soy-free, use soy-free vegan butter and ice cream.
Black-Bottom Peanut Butter Freezer Pie [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 quart vegan vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate curls
- Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and the butter until well blended.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream with the peanut butter, mixing until well blended.
- Spoon into the prepared crust.
- Freeze for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, let the pie sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts in the center of the pie and the chocolate curls along the outer edge.