This Low Fodmap Vegan Bolognese sauce is super flavorful, comforting, satisfying, veggie-packed, healthy, simple to make and so delicious! Even non-vegans will love this tasty sauce! It is very simple and only requires ten ingredients and thirty minutes to make.
Low FODMAP Vegan Bolognese [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 2 medium carrots (cut in very small cubes)
- 4 spring onions, sliced (only the green parts)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 3 fresh tomatoes (chopped in small cubes)
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 2.8 ounces canned lentils (rinsed & drained)
- 1/4 cup red wine (you can substitute with water, but the taste won't be as rich)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or adjust according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or according to taste) if the tomatoes that you are using are more sour you might need to add a little bit more sugar.
- 14 ounces pasta of choice
- Add the garlic-infused olive oil to a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Once warmed, add the carrots and the green parts of the spring onions to cook for about 8min.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, and stir to combine. Continue by adding the chopped fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato passata. Stir to combine. Then add the red wine, season with salt, pepper and Italian herbs mix according to taste and add sugar if needed.
- Add the lentils and let the sauce simmer for 10 to 15min. You can add a bit of water to thin the sauce out, if necessary.
- You can serve it as it is or with a pasta of choice. To keep it vegan, sprinkle nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan on top.