Daiya announces the launch of their first plant-based and allergen-friendly flatbreads inspired by an Italian trattoria experience. All of the flatbreads are made with a delicious thin gluten-free crust.
The plant-based flatbreads will debut in three delicious styles: Mushroom, Caramelized Onion & Fig; Tomato, Sunflower Seed Pesto, & Arugula; and Meatless Italian Sausage style crumbles, Roasted Pepper, & Kale.
The Mushroom, Caramelized Onion & Fig features mushrooms, caramelized onions, sweet fig, and kale, topped with creamy garlic sauce and Daiya Mozza and feta-style Cheeze.
The Meatless Italian Sausage Style Crumbles, Roasted Pepper & Kale features meatless Italian sausage style crumbles from Beyond Meat with sweet and smoky roasted yellow peppers, leafy green kale, vegan parmesan, and feta-style Cheeze.
The Tomato, Sunflower Seed Pesto & Arugula features a dairy-free, nut-free sunflower seed pesto with juicy tomatoes, zesty arugula, red onion, and a smooth blend of parmesan-style shreds.
“At Daiya, our longstanding tradition of breakthrough plant-based discoveries continues with our first-to-market flatbreads,” said Dan Hua, Vice President of Marketing. “We know that consumers are often still choosing to cook at home, versus eating out as a result of the pandemic, and so we wanted to ensure they had the option for both a quick and convenient, yet delicious-tasting flatbread that was both plant-based and allergen-friendly.”
The flatbreads will be available in Canada and the United States and can be found in the frozen section at Stop & Shop, Giant, Price Chopper, Whole Foods, and New Seasons Market.
Check out these plant-based flatbreads you can make at home!
- Mediterranean Pesto Flatbread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Raw Broccoli Flatbread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Lagana: Greek Flatbread for Lent [Vegan]
- Balsamic Butternut and Brussels Sprouts Flatbread Pizza [Vegan]
- Rustic Buckwheat Flatbread Pizza With Beet Hummus and Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- Daiya Announces New Vegan Cheeses: Grilling Cheeze Block and Feta Flavor Block
- Daiya Gives Cheese Blocks a Makeover
- YUM! Daiya to Launch Soy-Free and Gluten-Free Vegan Breakfast Burritos!
- Daiya’s Vegan and Soy-Free Cream Cheese Will be Available in Bagel Chains Nationwide
- Daiya’s New Vegan Cheese Sticks, Herb Mac and Cheese, and Gooey Cheddar Sauce Are Seriously Drool-worthy
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental well-being, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the ecological and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!