This vegan beet coconut pasta is loaded with flavour. The earthy taste of the beets, balanced with refreshing lime juice and fresh dill. It's topped with falafel or chopped walnuts, to complete the meal. Yummy & healthy comfort food.
Creamy Beet Pasta with Falafel [Vegan]
For the Pasta:
- 2 medium beets, peeled & chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup veggie stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pepper & salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill or mint
For Extra Toppings:
- 2-3 servings (GF) pasta (depending on how sauc-y you like your pasta)
- Lime zest
- Homemade or store bought falafel
For the Beet Pasta Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the diced beets with the olive oil, coriander, cumin and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the beets on the baking tray. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway. Check for doneness at the 20-minute mark.
- Add roasted beets and garlic, coconut cream, veggie stock and lime juice to a blender and blend until creamy. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the chopped dill or mint.
For the Pasta:
- Cook the pasta according package instructions. Drain the pasta, keep some of the cooking water.
- Mix the pasta with the creamy beet sauce, add some pasta water if needed to thin.
- Divide the creamy beet pasta between bowls, garnish with lime zest. Serve with falafel. Enjoy your pink beet pasta!
Garnish the pasta with chopped walnuts instead of falafel.