Ready, set, recipes! Here are our just published, fresh-out-the-mill recipes in one convenient place! These are the top vegan recipes of the day, and are now a part of the thousands of recipes on our Food Monster App! Our newest recipes are stunning, so if you’re looking for something new and delicious, these recipes are it!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Popular Trends Archives!
While basbousa is originally Egyptian, it can be found throughout virtually all of the Middle East. To bess in Arabic means “to dredge,” which is where this dessert gets its name, because it’s made by massaging butter into semolina granules before adding the rest of the ingredients. Creating a vegan version of Basbousa by Noha Elbadry-Cloud that had the same rich-yet-light flavor and solid-yet-crumbly texture was tricky, but after much recipe testing, the result is breathtaking. Every bite is buttery, melt-in-your-mouth good and bursting with the gorgeous floral flavors of the soaking syrup. Fun fact, because of its sweetness, basbousais used as a term of endearment between loved ones. Credit: Reprinted with permission from The Vegan Middle Eastern Cookbook by Noha Elbadry – Cloud. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Noha Elbadry – Cloud.
2. Maple-Mustard Roasted Carrots and Apples
These Maple-Mustard Roasted Carrots and Apples by Maggie Wescott make a decadent side dish or an entire meal. It’s the perfect recipe to make during fall and holiday gatherings! Apples and carrots are tossed with maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and aquafaba to create an easy and delicious oil-free recipe.
3. Kabocha Squash, Fennel and Red Lentil Soup
This Kabocha Squash, Fennel and Red Lentil Soup by Claire Ragozzino incorporates the six tastes and yields a delicious, balanced Autumn meal. The fennel and fenugreek give it a maplelike sweet taste, while the red lentils provide protein and grounding nourishment with the squash. If you can’t find kabocha squash, butternut or pumpkin work as wonderful alternatives.
4. Pumpkin Spice Protein Balls
Source: Pumpkin Spice Protein Balls
These Pumpkin Spice Protein Balls by Vicky Coates are Autumn Snack Heaven. The perfect combination of pumpkin, nut butter, protein powder, and seeds in one little healthy powerhouse ball. They are Gluten Free and Vegan.
5. Healthy Chai-Spiced Pancakes
Source: Healthy Chai-Spiced Pancakes
Is there really a better way to start your morning off than a big, fluffy stack of pancakes? These Healthy Chai-Spiced Pancakes by Taavi Moore are completely gluten-free and vegan and oh so delicious. Also freezer-friendly!
6. Sweet Potato Veggie Biryani
Source: Sweet Potato Veggie Biryani
Sweet potatoes can be used for every meal, from breakfast through to dinner, from snacks to desserts, plus they are low in fat, rich in fiber and high in vitamins A and E. This Sweet Potato Veggie Biryani by Pamela Higgins is a deliciously spiced biryani, packed with flavor and various vegetables alongside sweet potato chunks, rice and chickpeas to result in a complete healthy meal in one dish.
7. Lemon Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
If you are a ginger fanatic and a lemon lover this recipe is going to be a hit. This Lemon Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies by Robin Browne is a lovely twist on a classic cookie. These gingerbread thumbprint cookies are bound to be your new favorite!
8. Cheesy Pasta Bake
Source: Cheesy Pasta Bake
This delicious vegan Cheesy Pasta Bake by Namrata Edward Kshitij with a creamy “cheese” sauce and a delightfully crispy breadcrumb topping is a certified crowd-pleaser that’s super easy to make. You can prepare it several hours in advance and just keep it in the fridge for up to a day in advance and bake just before serving. So convenient, right? You can also easily double the recipe if desired.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.