Sweet and salty is one of the most harmonious flavor combos. Salt helps bring out the sweetness for a delicious depth of flavor that is sure to satisfy any craving! A perfect sweet and salty food for the colder months is salted caramel. Salted caramel can be eaten by itself as a confection or be paired nicely with other autumnal flavors like apple, fig, and dark chocolate in a myriad of delectable baked goods!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Source: Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake
If you are after a visually appealing, healthy dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth and put a smile on every face at your table this Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake by Nikki and Zuzana is for you! There may not be a better combination than apples and caramel unless, of course, pecans and a hint of sea salt are added to the mix. Now imagine this delightful combination of flavors in a cheesecake version. This dairy-free cake doesn’t contain any real cheese, but the cashews and cacao butter combine beautifully to create a raw version of the classic creamy cheesecake.
2. Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Source: Salted Caramel Ice Cream
This Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Mitra Shirmohammadi proves that ice cream is just as nice during the colder months. All you need to make this delicious treat is 6 wholesome ingredients you probably already have in the pantry! The sweetness and caramel flavor are coming from dates which are also key to the creamy consistency along with cashews and coconut milk.
3. Salted Caramel Protein Blondies
Source: Salted Caramel Protein Blondies
Tara Sunshine‘s Salted Caramel Protein Blondies are so gooey and delicious that you’ll barely believe they’re healthy, too! None of my taste testers could tell they were made with chickpeas. Instead, they described them as a cross between peanut butter cookies and caramel fudge.
Winter Cookbook: Heartwarming Plant-Based Recipes for the Cooler Months
As the seasons change and the weather gets chillier, there is truly nothing better than spending time in the kitchen with loved ones while cooking up cozy, soul-warming, home-cooked plant-based meals. This vegan winter cookbook includes 75 stunning vegan recipes with amazing photos! With this cookbook, you’ll find countless comforting recipes to inspire you and help you make the most of winter’s abundant variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables! This cookbook features warm and comforting plant-based recipes like Pasta with Creamy Chestnut Pesto and Mushroom Bisque With Cashew Cream, festive sweets like Glazed Cinnamon Bun Cookies and Caramel Topped Gingersnap Brownies, and Roasted Winter Vegetable Bowls with Couscous, Romesco Sauce, and Tahini Drizzle, this cookbook offers everything you need to create a stunning winter spread!
4. Salted Caramel and Fig Cheesecake Bites
Source: Salted Caramel and Fig Cheesecake Bites
You’ll love these Salted Caramel and Fig Cheesecake Bites by Vicky Coates. Fig and (vegan) cheese has to be one of the best combinations, and that is no exception in these bars. They are high in protein, low in sugar, vegan, and gluten-free!
5. Salted Caramel and Chocolate Cake
Source: Salted Caramel and Chocolate Cake
You must try Bridge Rose‘s Salted Caramel and Chocolate Cake. C’mon, what’s better than a stack of cakes?
6. Triple Layer Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars
Source: Triple Layer Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars
These scrumptious Triple Layer Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars by Allie Penner feature a cashew, oat, coconut, and date base, a salted date and nut butter middle layer, and a chocolate topping. They’re so good, it’ll be hard to stop at one… and that’s okay!
7. Salted Caramel Doughnuts
Source: Salted Caramel Doughnuts
These incredible Salted Caramel Doughnuts by Stephanie Davies are an amazing treat! You won’t believe how easy they are to make, or how delicious!
8. Salted Caramel Energy Bites
Source: Salted Caramel Energy Bites
Try Caroline Doucet‘s Salted Caramel Energy Bites, made with dates for a caramel-like flavor. These bites are packed with nutritious ingredients, including cashews, chia seeds, and oats. Have them for a snack, dessert, or even a quick breakfast on the go!
9. Salted Caramel Tartlets
Source: Salted Caramel Tartlets
You’ll love these Salted Caramel Tartlets by Holly Jade. A perfectly sweet dessert with a coconut base, a light, and creamy caramel date filling, topped off with guilt-free caramel sauce and white chocolate. Oh my…these tartlets are delicious!
10. Salted Caramel Espresso Cake
Source: Salted Caramel Espresso Cake
Jessica Precott‘s Salted Caramel Espresso Cake is delicious! This dessert is pretty much Heaven in cake form. Picture this: creamy cashew filling, rich espresso, salted caramel, and dark, decadent chocolate all on a crunchy walnut base. Yum! Save this recipe for a special occasion because this cake is not only delicious, it’s beautiful!
11. Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles
Source: Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles
Try these delicious Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles by Ciarra Siller. Date caramel is a great kind of vegan caramel. It takes only a few minutes to whip up, dip in chocolate, and top with flaky sea salt. A simple little treat. Feel free to keep these in your freezer and then defrost a few at a time for about 15 minutes before devouring them.
12. Salted Caramel Protein Balls
Source: Salted Caramel Protein Balls
These Salted Caramel Protein Balls by Tara Sunshine are super easy to make and are packed with healthy fats, complex carbs, fiber, and plant-based protein. They are vegan, nut-free, and suitable for gluten-free diets. These bites also make a great snack or dessert and can be enjoyed as part of a healthy breakfast or lunch.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!