Risotto is a creamy dish that is perfect for staying cozy during the winter. While the dish feels fancy, it’s quite easy to make at home and veganize! If you’re not quite sure how to do so, don’t worry – we got you. These vegan risotto recipes are just as, if not more delicious than their non-vegan counterparts. They feature mushrooms, tofu, squash, eggplant, and more! Pick one plant-based risotto recipe that sounds good to you and give it a try. No matter which one you choose, you will love it!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Creamy Mushroom Vegan Risotto
Source: Creamy Mushroom Vegan Risotto
This rich and Creamy Mushroom Vegan Risotto by Hannah Sunderani brings all the umami flavor. It’s simple enough to make for a mid-week dinner, yet decadent enough for entertaining.
2. Smoked Tofu Rice And Barley Risotto
Source: Smoked Tofu Rice And Barley Risotto
This recipe uses both rice and barley for added texture, and chunky chestnut mushrooms for bite. You will love Jenny Marie‘s Smoked Tofu Rice And Barley Risotto!
3. Stuffed Risotto Squash
Source: Stuffed Risotto Squash
This Stuffed Risotto Squash by Julia Verkuil & Ellen Landman is a perfect dish to take with you and share. You can make it in advance and just pop it in the oven to get warm and slightly brown. It is delicious!
4. Eggplant Ragout With Risotto
Source: Eggplant Ragout With Risotto
Risotto is the perfect grown-up alternative to mac and cheese. It’s still creamy, cheesy, and delicious, just a bit more adult. There are so many delicious ways to make risotto––like this vegan eggplant risotto! Laden with veggies, it pleases eggplant haters and lovers alike. Such great comfort food! It comes together easily, with minimal cleanup, and plenty to serve a crowd (or plenty to hoard to yourself for a week of leftovers). You’ve got to try making this vegan Eggplant Ragout With Risotto by Stephanie Darby!
5. Pumpkin Risotto
Source: Pumpkin Risotto
This wonderful Pumpkin Risotto by Lenia Patsi is delicious, light, nutritious, and visually beautiful due to the orange color that our favorite vegetable gives. It is worth trying!
6. Pea Risotto With Roasted Asparagus
Source: Pea Risotto With Roasted Asparagus
This quick, easy and delicious vegan Pea Risotto With Roasted Asparagus by Jenny Connelly is sure to impress!
7. Vegan Risotto with Mushrooms and Turmeric
Source: Vegan Risotto with Mushrooms and Turmeric
When you have just a few ingredients in the fridge, improvisation is the way to go. This Vegan Risotto with Mushrooms and Turmeric by Gabriela Lupu is simple and uses ingredients you usually have on hand to create a flavorful dish!
8. Squash, Sage, and Wild Mushroom Risotto
Source: Squash, Sage, and Wild Mushroom Risotto
This heavenly creamy vegan mushroom risotto is guaranteed to be enjoyed by vegans and the most avid meat-eaters alike – it’s insanely delicious! Packed with nutty & sweet flavors from the roasted butternut squash & wild mushrooms combined with fresh pine-nut aromas of sage, this Squash, Sage, and Wild Mushroom Risotto by Tania Pilcher is perfect family-friendly comfort food for any time of the year.
9. Squash Risotto with Fried Sage
Source: Squash Risotto with Fried Sage
Risotto is the food equivalent of a hug in a bowl, and this Squash Risotto with Fried Sage by Fraiche Food, Jillian Harris & Tori Wesszer takes comfort food to a new level. Roasting the squash brings out its natural sweetness; if you don’t feel like dealing with the hassle of peeling the acorn squash (those ridges can be such a pain in the you know what), simply replace it with more butternut squash, which has a sweeter flavor. We love the color and contrast of using both, but the choice is yours. Risotto takes time to make, so pour yourself a glass of good wine, turn on some chill music, and warm up your stirring arm!
10. Asparagus Risotto
Source: Asparagus Risotto
This Asparagus Risotto by ThePlantBasedSchool will make you feel like you’re in Italy at a lovely little restaurant. It’s creamy, flavorful, and will impress vegans and non-vegans alike!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!