These Vegan Twice Baked Potatoes are a great potato recipe you'll want to save to share with dinner guests! Great all on their own or as a side you'll be sure to impress.
Twice Baked Potatoes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Twice Baked Potatoes [Vegan]
- 4-6 russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup plant milk (cashew, almond milk, etc.)
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Optional: BBQ sauce and 1 cup cooked beans
How to Prepare Twice Baked Potatoes [Vegan]
- Set oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, rinse, and dry russet potatoes. Using your hands, rub oil over each potato and coat with the desired amount of sea salt. Using all three tablespoons will have the skins extra salty.
- Lovingly pierce each potato about six times all over with a fork. Place oiled, salted, and pierced potatoes on a parchment-lined baking tray and transfer into the oven for 1 hour or until tender (pierce with a sharp knife to determine if ready, they should be tender on the inside).
- Once tender, remove from oven and allow to cool (unless you have a game of hot potato scheduled).
- Once cooled, slice potatoes lengthwise, and using a spoon, scoop out the fluffy white insides leaving an intact crispy shell.
- In an electric mixer, or if you've skipped arm day, grab a fork or potato masher and combine plant milk, vegan sour cream, vegan butter, garlic cloves, chopped chives and parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until whipped, smooth in texture, and creamy.
- Using a spoon, fill potato shells with the mixture. Top with a sliver of vegan butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Transfer back into the oven for 15 minutes. Take a peek about 3 minutes before it's done, and turn on the broil option for a crispy top layer.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and dress your potatoes with bbq beans (brown or black beans warmed on the stove with your favorite bbq sauce), a dollop of sour cream, and/or chopped chives.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.