Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
One of my favorite recipes for Thanksgiving has always been Brussels sprouts with maple-mustard sauce, from the now out-of-print Thanksgiving Dinner by Anthony Dias Blue. However, that recipe called for boiling the Brussels sprouts and marinating them in a lot of sauce. This year, I wanted to try roasting them and using the sauce as more of a glaze. The result? Pure sprout perfection. These Brussels sprouts are only a tad sweet, since the mustard and lemon juice balance out the maple syrup. In fact, the mustardyness (I know, that’s not a word, but I’m using it anyway) helps this dish cut through the sweetness and richness of the traditional holiday meal. Another thing I love about this dish is that it’s great served at room temperature, so you can cook it a few hours ahead and cut down on your Thanksgiving panic attacks! I’m not the only one who has those, right?
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Maple-Mustard Glaze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Maple-Mustard Glaze [Vegan]
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons coarse-ground mustard
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to Prepare Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Maple-Mustard Glaze [Vegan]
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustards and maple syrup, and add salt and pepper to taste. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir to coat.
- Remove with a spoon and place on a large baking sheet, reserving extra sauce from the bottom of the bowl. Roast until very dark and just tender, about 40 minutes. Toss with remaining sauce and serve hot or at room temperature.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Brussels Sprouts