Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
These two newborn American Robins arrived at a rehabilitation center after they were transported on a truck hours away from their home.
@wildlife_alexis From helpless, sightless, and flightless, to flying free in just 3-4 weeks!! #americanrobin #robin #wildliferescue #wildliferehab #animalfacts #animalrescue #wildlifesanctuary ♬ _Cute – Gabe Lost
Once they arrived at the rehab center, everyone was in for a pleasant surprise when their sibling hatched later than his brothers. Weighing only 4.5 grams, which is lighter than a nickel, this baby chick miraculously survived the long journey they all endured. Chicks this young eat every 15-20 minutes, meaning they do require a good amount of work. However, with some TLC, these babies will eventually grow into beautiful full-grown robins in just a couple of weeks!
Found throughout the US, the American robin is usually an easy bird to spot. They have flashy breasts and bellies to make them stand out in the fresh green landscape. Robins are year-round residents in most of the United States, apart from the steamy southernmost counties of Florida, Texas, Louisiana, California, and Arizona.
- Birds are Nesting Almost a Month Earlier Due to Climate Change
- 10 Amazing Rescues of Sick, Injured, and Abandoned Birds
- Why We Need Birds and How to Protect Them From Extinction
- How to Help Birds During Colder Seasons
- Four Birds Join the UK’s Endangered Red List
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!