Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Stella McCartney has announced the launch of a new ‘conscious luxury’ beauty brand that draws inspiration from nature while minimizing its environmental impact. The brand will “supports caring for ourselves and Mother Earth in perfect harmony” and make its debut in September through the Stella Mccartney Beauty website.
The line will include three sustainable products: the Reset Cleanser ($60), Alter-Care Serum ($140), and Restore Cream ($105). All of the products are vegan, cruelty-free, silicone-free, and refillable. Keeping minimal ingredients in mind, the formulas will be made from 99 percent natural origin ingredients with “the remaining less-than-1% synthetic ingredients being there to preserve the products integrity over time.”
Source: Vogue France/Youtube
The brand has banned the use of ingredients “whose production or extraction process is considered to be polluting.” They have minimized the number of virgin materials, will use sea transport instead of air travel, and will remove the use of samples. The glass package is made from recycled materials and has an airless pump to help preserve the formula. Quantis, an environmental sustainability consultancy, will review all products to ensure it meets sustainability standards.
But the brand is not stopping there. Stella will Donate 1 percent of its net sales to Support Wetlands International, which conserves Scotland’s peatlands. The peatlands are known as the largest carbon store on earth.
“We set out with an idea, and because we didn’t want to compromise — on results, the origin of our ingredients, and, of course, ensuring we minimized our impact on Mother Earth – we kept on trying,” said McCartney. “I believe the consumer needs to know there’s another way, that they have a choice.”
To see the launch, check out stellamccartneybeauty.com.
- Alicia Silverstone Launches Eco-Friendly Beauty Line
- 8 Plant-Based, Eco-friendly, Cruelty-Free Body Exfoliants
- Jordan Eco-Artist Uses Art To Take Action Against Single-Use Plastic
- Eco-Friendly Ways to Say “I Love You” this Valentine’s Day
- 5 Eco-Friendly New Year’s Resolutions That Everyone Should Have
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!