Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Rescues are their own kind of inspiring! There’s just nothing on this earth that’s comparable to that heartwarming feeling we get from seeing humans save animals in trouble. In this video, LA Animal Services comes to the rescue of a squirrel trapped in a storm drain in Los Angeles, California.
The squirrel was trapped in such a way that it made it impossible for him to move without risking falling into the water below. Luckily, once Animal Services was alerted to the animal in need, they set out to work, knowing there was little time to spare.
At first, the squirrel was frightened of the rescuer’s net and tried his best to avoid it, but seeing that it was either the net or the water … he thankfully opted for the net. Once the squirrel was safely on land again, he was set free and quickly scrambled back to the wild!
Unfortunately, wild animals find themselves trapped in situations like this one more often than you might think. It’s amazing that the humans in this video arrived just in time to save the squirrel’s life – but please keep in mind that they’re trained professionals. If you ever encounter trapped or injured wildlife, be sure to contact your local animal services as soon as possible.
- Watch This Chihuahua Adopt Orphaned Squirrels as Her Own! [Video]
- Watch These Squirrels Carve a Face Into a Pumpkin! (VIDEO)
- Girl Raises Orphaned Baby Red Squirrels [Video]
- Study Find Squirrels Have Human-Like Personality Traits
- How to Handle Aggressive Squirrels Humanely
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!