A horrifying video was taken showing a freshwater dolphin being beaten, hammered, and sliced by a group of men with axes in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. According to reports, the dolphin had accidentally strayed into a stream in Kotharia village where the poor creature was murdered senselessly and violently. In the video, the man filming can be heard asking the other not to kill the dolphin. However, the others in the group did not listen. Unfortunately, Incidents like this one happen all of the time in India. Scientists estimate that there are a few thousand Ganges River Dolphins, but their populations are declining. These dolphins are one of the world’s most endangered freshwater mammals.
Source: StudyIQ IAS/YouTube
These majestic creatures are one of the oldest creatures in the world and are currently threatened and endangered and it’s time the government in India stepped up to stop this from happening. Sign this petition and demand that the Indian Government charge these men with animal abuse to prevent this kind of act from ever happening again!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Save These Animals From Slowly Suffocating to Death in These Three States
- Reject Bill That Would Ban Women From Traveling Out Of State For Abortions
- Stop People From “Listing” Adopted and Fostered Children on Facebook
- Investigate Ivanka Trump for perjury!
- Support the British Transport Workers’ Strike
- Tell Putin to Halt The Use of Marine Mammals In Acts of War
- Demand Florida Commit to Installing Air conditioning In All of Its Prisons
- Kick Out Republicans Promoting White Supremacist Ideology
- Demand Lifetime Animal Ownership Ban on Woman Who Set a Conscious Dog on Fire
- Curb The Escalation of Violence By Animal Abusers
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!