L214 co-founder Sébastien Arsac said on the group’s website, “This breeding farm is the height of horror. The ducks are locked up in collapsing cages, the ground is covered, and I’m sorry I can’t think of another word, covered with a thick layer of shit with rotting duck carcasses, maggots. The smell is overwhelming.”
Watch the footage, below:
Source: L214 éthique et animaux/Youtube
Foie gras requires the force-feeding of ducks and geese to produce and is a cruel practice where animals are overfed to have their livers fattened for human consumption. To make foie gras, males are force-fed for 10-12 days to fatten their livers. To kill the birds, they are stunned with electrified water and then bled to death to have livers removed. Many countries have banned foie gras. New York City announced in 2019 that it would institute a ban on it in restaurants in the city.
Sign this petition calling for a ban on foie gras in Europe!
- Footage of Neglect at Pig Farm Reveals Untreated Illness, Malnutrition, Cannibalism and Brutal Killing
- Sad Footage of Captive Dolphins Trapped inside a Tiny Tank Mesmerized by Squirrels Freely Playing Outside
- Disturbing Footage Described as “Scene From Hell” of Animals Suffering at a Fox Fur Farm
- Brutal Footage Released of Training Practices Used to Break the Spirits of Baby Elephants to Entertain Tourists
- Footage Shows Alpacas Crying and Vomiting While Being Abused at Peruvian Wool Farm
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!