Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: NBC News/YouTube
The impact of the Russian invasion has been devastating for the environment and the global food supply and has even caused mass animal deaths like these dolphins in the Black Sea. Activists all around the world are standing for the people of Ukraine and demanding an end to this war.
Volunteers and organizations have been working to help rescue big cats in the country that are trapped in zoos. Recently, five wild animals crossed the Ukraine-Poland border after a long 36 hours of travel and are now safe in Poland. However, many big cats are still stuck in the war-torn country. The European Union and the United States have the means to help, and it’s time that they step up and rescue the hundreds of lions at risk in Ukraine.
The European Union and the United States have the money and resources to make sure that every lion in the country is safely transported out. These big cats deserve to be in a safe place away from violence.
Sign this petition to tell the EU and US to protect and rescue the remaining lions that are trapped in Ukraine!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand the FBI Investigate the Colorado Mass Shooting at an LGBTQ Nightclub as a Hate Crime
- Restrict Florida Medial Boards From Being Able to Take Away Gender-Affirming Health Care for Children
- Tell States to Follow Massachusetts and Ban Throwing Away Clothing
- Tell the FDA to Finally Phase Out Animal Testing
- Make Sure This Animal Abuser Dog Groomer Can Never Have Animals Again
- Tell Virginia to Finally Make Declawing Cats Illegal
- Everett Massachusetts Banned Animal Testing, Tell the Entire State to Follow Suit
- Ban Animal Abuser From Owning Animals Again After He Abandoned Them and Let Them Starve to Death
- Demand Florida Remove Questions About Menstrual Cycle For Student Athletes
- Tell the IUCN to Protect Big Tuskers and All Elephants from Poachers
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!