Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Brave women in Iran have taken to the streets and are burning their hijabs to protest the suspected murder of Mahsa Amini. Mahsa Amini was arrested by the Iranian “morality police” for not wearing her hijab correctly, and she later died in their custody.
Source: NowThis News/YouTube
Iranian president Ebrahim Raisi and Iran’s chief justice, Mohseni Ejei, have promised a full investigation, but given the conservatives on the ruling Guardian Council, they likely can’t be trusted to do so. The United Nations has called for an independent investigation into Amini’s death, and President Biden should too!
Iran’s morality code is deeply institutionalized in misogyny. No woman should ever have to live in fear that she might be murdered for not wearing her hijab. Iranian women deserve to have the right to self-expression.
Sign this petition to tell President Biden to open a full investigation into Iran’s crimes against women!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Animal Abusing Dr. Oz’s End Senate Campaign
- Demand Postcardmania Donate to Relief Funds After Forcing Employees to Work During Hurricane Ian
- Demand Wealthy Countries Help Pakistan With Climate-Related Flooding
- Demand Alabama Stop Holding Pregnant Women In Jail Without Conviction
- Utah Authorities Investigated a Child’s Gender Because She Was Too Successful at Sports
- Demand Investigation into Principal Who Assaulted an Autistic Child of Color
- Change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Tell California to Allow Animal Control Officers to Relocate Animals instead of Murdering Them
- Demand Investigation into Gainesville PD After K9 Ripped Out Black Man’s Eye During Traffic Stop
- Demand Iran Drop the Death Penalty and Free LGBTQ+ Activists
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!