Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: DW Documentary/YouTube
Elephant riding is a popular tourist experience in Thailand but it leads to immense suffering for the elephants involved. The elephants spend hours every day carrying their handler, tourists, and a heavy seat on their backs. After years of enduring these rides, their backs become sunken and deformed. On top of this, they also endure other abuses by their handlers. Please sign this petition to urge Thailand to end elephant riding once and for all!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Ask All States to Include Anti-Tethering Statutes in Their Animal Abuse Laws
- Petition: Demand Clemency for Rape Victim Who Killed Her Rapist
- Petition: Pressure Ecuadorian Authorities to Find Tortoise-Poachers
- Petition: Pressure Zoo in Pakistan to Send Neglected Elephants to a Wildlife Sanctuary
- Petition: Help Shut Down Barbaric Slaughterhouse in Canada
- Petition: Tell CNN to Commit to Fair and Transparent Reporting on the Norfolk Southern Disaster
- Petition: Tell Candace Owens That Fat-Shaming is Not OK
- Petition: Demand All States Ban Child Marriages Immediately
- Petition: Help Protect Lynx from Trophy Hunters in Sweden
- Petition: Help Save the Capybara
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!