A study at the University of California, Los Angeles, found that a plant-based drug showed signs of helping patients with head and neck cancers. The drug is called APG-157 and includes plant-based compounds, including curcumin.
Curcumin is an antioxidant that reduces inflammation and swelling. When taken orally, there is poor absorption in the blood. Researchers found that when curcumin is dosed through oral mucosal absorption, higher levels were found in blood and in cancer tissues. This means patients were given a lozenge that dissolves into the mouth, instead of a pill to swallow.
Patients that received the treatment had reduced Bacteroides, a bacteria that is not easily visible in the immune system. The patients also had increased T-cells, which are used to kill tumors and patients had decreases cytokines, proteins in saliva that cause inflammation.
- An Anti-Inflammatory Diet Check-List That Can Transform Your Life
- Calming Turmeric Mung Bean Soup
- Liquid Gold Turmeric Latte
- Survive Flu Season With These 4 Immune-Boosting Plant-Based Foods
- The Amazing Healing Properties of Curcumin, The Yellow Pigment in Ginger and Turmeric
- 15 Winter Turmeric Recipes to Reduce Inflammation!
- Trying to Include More Turmeric in Your Diet? Try These 15 Vegan Recipes!
- How an Anti-Inflammatory Plant-Based Diet Can Boost Your Gut Microbiome
- 5 Easy Ways to Incorporate Anti-Inflammatory Foods in Your Diet
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!