the REAL way to make rice water for hair growth #hair #hairtok #hairproducts #longhair
Growing your hair and keeping it healthy can be a slow and frustrating process. With countless TikTok videos racking up millions of views claiming miracle results, hair growth can be confusing. Let’s explore the hype around rice water for hair health.
Rice water has been used as a hair treatment for centuries in China, Japan, and all over Southeast Asia. It is rich in starches and contains B and E vitamins, magnesium, antioxidants, amino acids, and minerals that help to strengthen the hair, increase shine, and detangle. However, there is limited scientific research on the effects of rice water in terms of hair growth. Some evidence suggests that inositol, a component found in rice water, may promote hair growth by penetrating the hair shaft and repairing damaged hair, but more research is still needed to fully understand its effects.
While rice water may not be a miracle hair growth treatment, it can still be a natural and affordable way to improve the health and appearance of your hair and scalp!
- 5 Nutrients Essential for Healthy Hair
- DIY Coconut Banana Cream Pie Hair Mask
- DIY Shampoo and Conditioner for Damaged Scalp
- 15 Plant-Based Cold Weather Recipes For Dry Hair
- 10 Plant-Based Collagen Supplements for Skin, Hair, and Nail Health
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!