Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Twist off the top, and peel off the bottom 3-4 sets of leaves. Leave it out to dry for 2 days to get rid of any moisture. Once the two days are up, place the pineapple top inside a pot of soil and gently twist in the pot, with the leaves facing up. Water it from the top every 4-5 days. Just always remember, pineapples do not like to sit in water, but they don’t like being completely dry either. Pineapples also like a lot of sun and grow best when they are warm, say in the vicinity of a nice window. A happy medium works best here. Before you know it, your pineapple will start growing leaves!
Amazingly, it’s not so difficult to grow your pineapple at home. In fact, for every pineapple eaten, therein lies the potential to start another, which works out great because it’s yet another excuse (as if we need one) to buy a fresh pineapple.
You can follow Armen on Instagram for more creative hacks!
- How to Grow Your Own Pineapple
- Not Just a Tropical Fruit: Pineapple’s Healing Benefits for Your Whole Body
- TikTok Tip: Pineapple Tea for Amazing Health Benefits
- How Growing Your Own Food Can Benefit the Planet and Why You Should Consider It
- The Ins and Outs of Growing Your Own Strawberries
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!