Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Each year, people spend a lot of money on health, beauty, and household products. Even worse, often these products are loaded with synthetic ingredients like parabens, phthalates, chemicals that are tested on animals, and a whole host of other additives that can cause skin irritation and additional health problems. Not to mention all the unnecessary plastic packaging that’s destroying our planet.
Happy Earth Habits on TikTok reviewed popular eco-friendly alternatives to products most of us use every day so you know what’s worth buying!
@skysaba #ecofriendly #sustainable #sustainability #ecofriendlyproducts #granolagirl #zerowaste #lowwaste ♬ original sound – Happy Earth Habits
Detergents that are currently on the market contain petroleum, phthalates, phosphates, chlorine, optical brighteners, synthetic fragrances, and dyes. They’re also packaged in plastic, which we want to avoid. Luckily, there are a variety of safe, natural, and eco-friendly laundry detergents on the market these days. Dilutable laundry bars can make up to 125 loads of laundry and is plastic-free, zero-waste, and made from natural ingredients!
Are you still using plastic dish brushes in your kitchen? If so, zero-waste brushes are the perfect solution for cleaning your pots and pans without harming the planet. They come in wood and bamboo versions, and won’t release microplastics into the environment.
Most store-bought mascaras still test on animals, contain harmful chemicals, and are packaged in excessive amounts of plastic. If mascara is your favorite makeup item and you can’t live without it, try eco-friendly mascara! With options like powder mascara, tint mascara, and a plethora of zero-waste brands to choose from, you can still feel your best without sending even more plastic to landfills.
For more eco-friendly content, follow Happy Earth Habits on TikTok
- Is it Really Worth the Convenience? 6 Ways Plastic is Harming Animals, the Planet, and Us
- How to Make Your Kitchen More Eco-Friendly
- A 12-Month Plan for Going Low-to-Zero Waste
- 5 DIY Alternatives to Conventional Hair Sprays, Mousses, and Gels
- DIY Coconut Aloe Skin Lotion
- 10 DIY Alternatives to Bath and Body Products
- DIY Vitamin C Mask
- Homemade Deep Conditioner and Hot Oil Treatment
- DIY: How to Make Your Own Deodorant
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!