one green planet
one green planet

On the night of May 9, PFR crews responded to a house fire in someone’s garage. The first crew to arrive on the scene found the garage fully engulfed in flames and the house full of smoke. The fire was quickly contained by the fire team while the house was searched. The search crew found the family’s beloved cat and handed him off to awaiting firefighters who treated him for any possible injuries from the fire and administered life-saving oxygen.

Source: CBSDFW/Youtube

Once the fire was completely put out, the Plano fire-rescue team share photos in a Facebook post of the brave firefighters who administered life-saving oxygen to the cat, who was distressed from smoke inhalation. Luckily, no other injuries were reported, and the cat’s family was extremely relieved that he was okay.

Firefighters always keep oxygen masks specially shaped and sized to fit the face of dogs and cats for scenarios just like this one. Pet oxygen masks have been around for decades and are used by veterinarians. However, their use by firefighters, paramedics, and animal rescue teams has become increasingly more common in the last decade, experts say.

Just removing an animal from a smoky fire isn’t always enough. Similarly, with people, the earlier that you can deliver oxygen to combat carbon monoxide, the better it will be for the animals that wouldn’t otherwise survive the trip to the hospital, says Claims Journal.

Related Content:

For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!

Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!