In northern Louisiana, animal rescuers and organizations like the Humane Society of Louisiana are seeing a shocking increase in horrific, extreme animal abuse cases. People are shooting cats and dogs with guns — and also with bow-and-arrows.
“It’s a lot more common than you think, and it keeps happening because no one’s held accountable,” The Humane Society said.
Executive Director of The Humane Society of Louisiana, Jeff Dorson, said they frequently get disturbing calls of animals being shot in this area. “There’s a high level of crime against animals in north Louisiana because there are very few shelters, animal control departments, and there’s a huge gap in the infrastructure in helping stray and unwanted animals,” Dorson told Knoe 8 News.
The situation keeps getting worse. Some of the violence inflicted against these defenseless pets comes from neighbors who take out their aggression on others’ beloved companion animals.
Sign this petition to demand justice for these shot and abused animals who are being attacked and shot with Guns and Arrows!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Release Rescued Lion who Was Sent Back to His Abusive Captor
- Ban All Fur Farming in The U.S
- People are Forcing Snakes to Kill Pets For Youtube Likes
- Urge the U.S. Government to Ban the Breeding of Pugs
- Shut Down This Murderous Horse-Racing Track
- Stop Subjecting Rats to Unnecessarily Cruel Suffering
- Fire Uvalde Police Who Stood Around For 40 Minutes While Children Were Dying
- Tell Trader Joe’s to Ditch the Plastic Packaging
- Pass The New York Deforestation-Free Procurement Act
- Tell Congress to Implement a National Red Flag Law
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!