Due to the devastating effects of COVID-19, activists believe that as soon as restrictions are lifted in Thailand, families will sell their elephants to cruel logging companies or unethical zoos and circuses. Even worse, baby elephants in Thailand are taken from their mothers and then exposed to a torturous lifetime of abusive training and forced to perform tricks for tourists, says Reuters.
Source: Thailand Animal Right/Youtube
Elephants are forced to toil for hours on end pulling miserably heavy loads on chains that dig and cut into their skin. Sign this petition demanding that the Government of Thailand provide funding for elephant caregivers’ wages and their elephants’ expenses so that these elephants can remain safe and happy, instead of exploited and abused!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Happy the Elephant Deserves to Be Freed From Her ‘One-Acre Prison’
- Ban This Vet Who Abused Animals Until They Were Missing Eyeballs
- Justice for the 10 Victims That Died in the Buffalo Shooting
- Fire the Chicago Cop Who Shot an Unarmed 13-Year-Old
- Stop McDonald’s From Burning Down The Amazon Rainforest
- An Ohio State Doctor Abused Student Wrestlers and This Congressman Knew
- Tell Congress to Give Rural Americans Access To Internet At Home
- Demand Justice for LGBTI Activist Murdered In Greece
- Demand Marjorie Taylor Greene be prosecuted for perjury
- Palm Oil is Killing The Last Orangutans And Burning The Bornean Rainforest
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!