There is simply no way to ethically produce foie gras. The process is grotesque from start to finish. Male ducks and geese are trapped in tiny, unsanitary cages, meaning that their coats tend to end up matted in feces because they have no space to groom. Female ducklings, on the other hand, are tossed into a grinder and instantly ripped apart to their death, since their bodies cannot be used to make what humans have disgustingly deemed a “delicacy.”
According to PETA, Birds on foie gras farms can’t engage in natural behaviors, like flapping their wings, preening themselves, or swimming. This force-feeding causes the birds’ livers to become diseased and swell up to 10 times their normal size.
Source: LIVE UPDATE/Youtube
According to a news source, Marie-Pierre Pé, director of the Comité Interprofessionnel des Palmipèdes à Foie Gras (CIFOG), which represents about 3,500 foie gras producers, said: “I am shocked and I deplore the fact that the freedom to sell a perfectly healthy product defined under international conventions is threatened.”
However, in reality, this dish is cruel, torturous, and only promotes animal suffering. Sign this petition to demand that Boris Johnson keep his promise of banning the imports and sales of foie gras in the UK!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Urge Congress to Help Stop Mass Shootings
- Demand the Royal Bank of Canada Stop Funding Massive Pipeline
- Urge Australia to Track and Protect Threatened Species
- Urge US Lawmakers to Decriminalize Sex Work
- Pressure International Authorities to Protect the Vaquita from Going Extinct
- Help Gig Workers Unionize
- Urge Congress to Ban Ag-Gag Laws
- Pressure Lawmakers to Pass COVID-19 Relief
- Demand Authorities to Never Allow this Animal Abuser to Have Animals Again
- Help End the Suffering and Death of Zoo Animals in Ukraine
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!