Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Jason Flatt grew up in New York with pet pit bulls who he loved dearly. After his brother’s death, Jason moved to Georgia and was understandably through quite a difficult time. He decided to adopt a pit bull puppy, which gave him purpose and helped him get through the difficult times. One day, Jason visited the pound to adopt a friend for his sweet pup and saw rows of pit bulls with x’s on their cages, meaning that they would soon be euthanized. Rather than simply leaving with a heavy heart and sense of hopelessness, Jason decided to do something to help these poor, misunderstood pups.
At first, Jason volunteered with various animal organizations, but that wasn’t enough for him. Thus, despite everyone who told him that he would fail, Jason decided to start Friends to the Forlorn Pit Bull Rescue. Now he’s been saving pit bulls for over ten years, and the pit bulls have been saving Jason, too. Running the rescue gives Jason meaning in his life. Plus, what could be more inspiring than these pit bulls that, despite hardship and suffering, still persevere and love life every day? The dogs that almost nobody wants are still ready to give so much love to anyone who will receive it.
Jason gives these pups the chance at life that so many others don’t want to give them. He shares so many adorable videos of his dogs to dispel the myths and fight the stigma surrounding pit bulls. You can keep up with him and check out these videos on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also Donate to Friends to the Forlorn Pitbull Rescue here.
- Pitbull from Backyard Breeder Loves Her Shark Toy Named Bruce! [Video]
- Batman the Rescued Show Dog Pitbull Finally Gets to Enjoy Life Outside a Crate
- Bubby, the Former Bait Dog, Loves to Go on Adventures!
- Blind Senior Pit Bull Struggled to Make it on the Streets – Now He Has a Warm Laundry Basket to Nap In! (VIDEO)
- Watch This Scared Pit Bull Who Lived in an Oil Refinery Transform Into a Giant Love Bug! (VIDEO)
- A Film Crew Noticed an Abused Homeless Pit Bull and Helped Stage His Happy Ending! (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!