Before Katharine adopted Bubby, he was a “bait dog.” In dogfighting, trainers offer the gentler and least aggressive dogs up as live bait to train the fighting dogs, hence the name “bait dog.” These poor are attacked over and over again, resulting in terrible injuries that they don’t get a chance to recover from. Bubby’s past broke Katharine’s heart and it breaks our hearts too.
Katharine immediately fell in love with Bubby and was ready to give him more love and affection than he had ever known. It took some time for him to adjust: twenty-four of sleep and then a week or two of being a bit tentative around people. But, after some time, Bubby really came out of his shell!
Katharine took Bubby on all kinds of adventures: hiking, camping, road trips, and so much more! Bubby was so excited to get to see parts of the world that he had never seen and experience nature for the first time. Now he’s a huge goofball that loves to be around people (especially if it involves joining them in the hammock!) We’re so glad that this sweet pup is finally getting the love that he has always deserved!
Check out more videos of former bait dogs:
- Meet Maria the Two-Legged Former Bait Dog Who Helps Teach Kids What it Means to be a Responsible Pet Parent
- 10 Amazing Stories of Dogs Rescued from Dog Fighting Rings
- 2 Terrified Bait Dogs Get Saved From the Streets of Detroit Just in Time! (VIDEO)
- Precious the Bait Dog Was Left for Dead by a Dog Fighter. Watch Her Amazing Transformation (VIDEO)
- Oogy was Used as a Bait dog. His Face was Torn off and he was Bleeding to Death but This Kind man Refused to let him die
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!