This terrible event is just one very clear example of why dairy farming can be such a dangerous business. Barn fires are not uncommon, and dairy cows are often secured into stalls with no way of escaping danger. It is also practically impossible to safely remove such a large number of livestock in case of an emergency.
Most barn fires result in hundreds of animal lives lost, whether it be accidental, intentional, or a wildfire. In this case, hundreds of cows were in a single barn with no way of getting out.
Sign this petition to demand that IFC divest from factory farming, and invest in humane, sustainable practices and our future!
- Nearly Half a Million Farm Animals Perished in Barn Fires Last Year. Here’s What You Can Do!
- Why Are So Many Farmed Animals Dying in Preventable Barn Fires?
- Here’s What Dairy Cows Have to Say About ‘Milk Life’
- ‘Milk Life’ is No Life at All for Dairy Cows
- Rescued Dairy Cows Jump for Joy (VIDEO)
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily. Subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!