Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Police in Monroe County, Michigan are searching for a man who can be seen abandoning a Pit Bull mix outside Monroe County Humane Society. The abandoned dog, named Mandy, had recently given birth. The incident was captured by the Humane Society’s Ring doorbell camera.
In the video, a man can be seen walking up to the Humane Society with Mandy on a leash. He then ties the dog to a sign in front of the building and walks away. Mandy can be seen looking around, clearly stressed and fearful, as the man walks away. It is unknown whether the man who left her there was her human, or simply someone who had found the dog and decided to leave her there.
Mandy was found the next morning by Humane Society staff. Since then, she has seen a veterinarian and been placed in a foster home. However, she has been exhibiting symptoms of stress and separation anxiety. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department has asked anyone with information to contact them.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Disabled Dog Abandoned By Owners Twice in One Day
- Sweet Dog Abandoned Because He Couldn’t Walk Normally Rescued From Roadside
- Dog Abandoned for ‘Gay’ Behavior Adopted by Loving Same-Sex Couple
- Dog Rescued After Human Tried to Euthanize Him for “Barking at People”
- Pregnant Dog Rescued from Heartbreaking Conditions and Gives Birth to 12 Puppies
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!