Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A heartwarming video of the exact moment a blind and deaf dog realized that his human was home from work went viral on TikTok recently.
The adorable video shows the pup outside, and the human quietly walks outside, and the pup doesn’t notice. She then walks so that her scent will travel in the wind, and at the exact moment that he realizes she’s there, he gets so excited. The dog, Haiku, jumps around and finds his human and is wagging his tail uncontrollably.
One user wrote: “That was so beautiful! I didn’t realize their nose was that sensitive!”
Another added: “I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE BUT IM SO HAPPY”
Blind and deaf dogs rely on their other senses, such as smell and touch, to recognize and locate their humans. For example, when a blind and deaf dog hears or feels vibrations from their human’s footsteps, they may be able to detect their presence. Additionally, dogs have a keen sense of smell, and they can often recognize the unique scent of their humans, even from a distance.
When their human comes home, the dog may be able to detect their scent in the air or on their clothing, which can signal that they are home. Dogs may also use context clues, such as the time of day or the sounds of doors opening or closing, to determine if their humans are home. Even though they may not be able to see or hear their humans, blind and deaf dogs can still sense their presence and feel their love through touch, smell, and other senses.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Adorable Blind and Deaf Puppy Named ‘Piglet’ Inspires People to be Positive [Video]
- Blind and Deaf Pup Locates His Friends by Punching Them
- This Blind 18-Year-Old Dachshund Gets Stuck in the Funniest Places! [Video]
- Meet Biscuit: the Blind Sheep Who Was Rescued From Slaughter by a Teen [Video]
- Family Wanted to Put Blind and Deaf Puppy Down but She was Given a Second Chance at Life Thanks to Vet! [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!