Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A man has been charged for allegedly throwing a defenseless puppy out of an SUV outside a North Carolina animal shelter. The distressing incident unfolded on September 8, leaving the local community and animal lovers around the world in disbelief. The puppy, affectionately named “Apollo,” has since been found and is on his path to recovery, while the man responsible for this cruel act has been identified and is facing legal consequences.
The incident unfolded outside the PAWS Bryson City animal shelter, where a man was captured on video opening and closing the passenger door of an SUV. Seconds later, he was seen pointing at the ground before heartlessly tossing the puppy out of the vehicle’s window. The shocking video, which quickly went viral on social media, left many in shock and disbelief at the callousness of the act.
PAWS Bryson City, the animal shelter, took to Facebook to share the video and appeal for the public’s help in identifying the man and locating the puppy. They expressed their frustration, stating that they would have gladly assisted the individual if he had simply driven through the open gates, rather than subjecting the innocent dog to such cruelty.
Thanks to the dedication and efforts of the Bryson City Police Department, the man responsible for this horrific act has been identified as 35-year-old David Paul George Jr. Apollo, the resilient puppy, was found several days later in a malnourished and distressed state. He was infested with fleas and parasites, and medical examinations revealed he had sustained small abrasions and two small fractures. The shelter’s Facebook post, following Apollo’s rescue, emphasized the emotional toll this ordeal had taken on both the dog and those caring for him.
The community rallied behind Apollo, and his story garnered global attention. The animal shelter humorously remarked that he might soon need an agent due to the overwhelming interest in adopting him. However, there’s a waiting period before he can be adopted, as he requires additional time at the shelter for necessary medical care and to be neutered.
While Apollo’s journey to recovery continues, the charges against the individual responsible for this cruel act remind us that animal abuse is taken seriously by the law, and those who commit such offenses will be held accountable.
- North Carolina Man Charged with Animal Cruelty for Heartless Act of Puppy Abandonment
- Woman Charged with Animal Cruelty After Abandoning Dog at Airport
- Pit Bull Dies in Hot Car, Owner Charged with Aggravated Animal Cruelty
- University of Buffalo Football Players Charged With Animal Abuse
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!