Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Whoever shot her reportedly shot “so close that it riddled her poor small body with pellets and shattered both her back legs,” the pet’s rescuers shared on Facebook.
716 Paws Rescue and Paw Patrol Rescue saved Violet and is helping her get the many surgeries she will need to fix her broken body. The Paw Patrol Rescue said on Facebook that the unidentified shooter used a high-powered 20 gauge pellet gun. Thankfully, Violet is in good spirits.
Violet was found alone on a street after she had been shot. She has since gotten surgery to remove one of her back legs, and the other will need another operation to remove the pellets.
Paw Patrol Rescue said in a Facebook post that another dog named Harley was also found with dozens of high-powered pellet gun wounds in a nearby area. Harley was shot over 50 times and has had two surgeries to fix a perineal hernia.
Both of the animal’s medical bills have gone over $8,000. Paw Patrol Rescue is accepting donations to help cover the costs. To learn more and to Donate, check out Paw Patrol Rescue’s Facebook page or website.
Animal abuse is more prevalent than many may think. According to PetPedia, every 60 seconds, an animal suffers from abuse, with more than 65 percent being dogs. More than 10 million animals die from abuse every year in the US alone, not including the livestock bred for consumption, who also suffer immense abuse. Animal abuse happens everywhere and is a serious issue. We need more laws to protect animals and hold abusers accountable.
Sign this petition to demand all states make all animal abuse a felony now!
- Petition: Justice for Dog Shot 10 Times on Video by Teen!
- Dog Shot in the Head 3 Times Now Loves Cuddling Up With His Favorite Little Human
- Michigan Dog Gets Another Shot at Life After She Chewed Off Leg to Escape from Abuse
- Former Breeding Dog Was Shot and Left for Dead Until Someone Finally Stepped In
- Suspect Who Shot Dog with BB Gun and Poured Glue in His Ears Was Arrested!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!