Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
While the rescue of any animal is wonderful, it’s always so heartwarming to see displays of compassion for the most misunderstood members of the animal kingdom – whether it be an insect, snake, or bat. All living things deserve respect and compassion, and that is just what these kind gentlemen gave a snake who was caught in a glue trap.
We can’t imagine the terror the poor little snake must have felt, not being able to move. It appears he was attracted to the already dead mouse who also fell victim to the glue trap. Though it was too late for the rodent, we were glad the snake was found and rescued. His rescuers worked hard at removing the sticky substance from the snake’s body, using baby oil to loosen the solvent.
Glue traps cause extreme suffering to animals, even those that they aren’t meant for – as seen in this video. Please consider more humane options for dealing with unwanted wildlife and houseguests.
- 6 Ways to Deal With “Pests” Without Resorting to Extermination
- How to Humanely Deal With a Yellow Jacket’s Nest
- How to Humanely Handle Bugs in the House
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!