Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Director James Gunn, recently lauded for his exploration of animal cruelty in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’, found himself amid controversy due to his promotional strategy on Twitter. In contrast, some appreciated Gunn’s effort to spotlight the issue, but several Animal rights activists disapproved of his method.
In a tweet meant to draw attention to the film and its commendable VFX, Gunn posted a video of a shivering CGI baby Rocket Raccoon. While most fans cheered the compelling visual effects and appreciated Gunn’s focus on animal cruelty, several activists deemed the tweet a distasteful promotional technique.
‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’, which revived MCU’s golden era, delves into Rocket Raccoon’s backstory and the team’s battle against the High Evolutionary. The movie, starring Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana, among others, impressed fans and critics alike with its mature themes and emotional depth.
However, the CGI clip of a shivering baby Rocket divided the fan base. While some viewed it as an effective promotion, others were troubled, accusing Gunn of using a ‘cheap and disturbing’ tactic.
Despite the backlash, the movie still managed to amass over $673.1 million, securing its place as this year’s third-highest-grosser. The film also gained critical acclaim, with the Animal rights organization PETA dubbing it the “best Animal rights film of the year” for portraying animals as individuals.
While opinions on Gunn’s tweet remain divided, it’s clear that ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3‘ has struck a chord with audiences worldwide for its gripping storyline, stellar performances, and vital Animal rights commentary.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: A Powerful Message for Animal Rights
- Dog Goes Nuts When Rocket Comes on the Screen in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy‘
- Kardashians, Chris Pratt Getting Called Out For Using Bottled Water Raises Bar for Action Against Single-Use Plastics!
- 20 Awesome Celebrities Leading the Way for Animals and the Environment
- This Dog Loves Watching Viral Dog Videos! (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!